JCKC Draw Terms & Conditions
- JOO CHIAT KIM CHOO EXTRAORDINARY DRAW ("Promotion") is organised by Straits Culture Pte Ltd (“SC”).
- The Promotion is valid from 15th April 2021 to 15th October 2021, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").
- The Promotion is open to all individuals who are eighteen (18) years old and above as at 1 January 2021, subject to clauses 4 and 5, are Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, or foreigners residing in Singapore, that make eligible payments on the participating SC Channels ("Eligible Customer").
- Notwithstanding to clause 3 and 5, SC reserves the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person who is interested to participate in the Promotion. Such determination is final and conclusive, and SC is not obliged to give any reason for disqualifying any person from participation in the Promotion or any part thereof.
- Without prejudice to clause 3 and 4, the following persons shall not be eligible to participate in and are disqualified from the Promotion:
(i) Any individual below eighteen (18) years old as of 1 January 2021;
(ii) Directors, employees and their spouses of SC, and group of companies: Neo Garden Catering Pte Ltd, Deli Hub Catering Pte Ltd, Orange Clove Catering Pte Ltd, Liang Yuan Pte Ltd, Best Catering Pte Ltd, Chilli Manis Catering Pte Ltd, Gourmetz Pte Ltd, Ye Liang How Catering Service Pte Ltd, Kim Paradise Niwa Sushi Pte Ltd (Singapore), G&C Food Investment Pte Ltd, H-Cube F&B Pte Ltd, NKK Import & Export Trading Pte Ltd, Neo Global Pte Ltd, Choz Confectionery Pte Ltd, I DO Flowers & Gifts Pte Ltd, Thong Siek Holdings, Royale International Food Industries Pte Ltd, ER Pte Ltd, ER Marketing(s) Pte Ltd, CT Vegetables & Fruits Pte Ltd (if any).
(iii) Employees or staff of vendors, advertising agencies or external auditors of SC and any other parties who are directly involved in the organising, promoting or conducting the Promotion;
(iv) Persons who are or become insane, deceased, insolvent or have legal proceedings of any nature instituted against them;
(v) Any other person or class of persons deemed ineligible or notified by SC as being ineligible from time to time.
- Only eligible payments performed on the following SC Channels and group of companies Channels will qualify for the Promotion ("Participating Channels").
(i) Straits Culture Pte Ltd
(ii) Hotpot Master Pte Ltd
(iii) Niwa Sushi Pte Ltd (Singapore)
(iv) Liang Yuan Pte Ltd
(v) NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Ltd
(vi) Takashimaya Department Store
- Customers who spend must successfully perform a payment/transaction, with minimum spending (as stated below) during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Promotion ("Qualifying Transaction").
(i) 1 draw for every SGD20 with a min of SGD 20 spent per receipt at any of the participating channels;
(ii) Capped at 10 chances per receipt
- Subject to clause 13, purchase must be made from 0000hrs on 15th April 2021 to 2359hrs on 15th October 2021. Chances allocation for each Qualifying Period (as defined in Qualifying Period and Draw Dates below) for Qualifying Transaction and the start date for participating services as follows:
- There is no limit to the number of chances Eligible Customers may earn during the Qualifying Period across the Participating Channels. However, there is a maximum of 10 chance per receipt.
- Chances are accumulative throughout the Promotion Period.
Payment 1: Bill A of amount SGD 63 on Straits Culture Pte Ltd = 3 chances earned
Payment 2: Bill B of amount SGD 25 on NTUC = 1 chance earned
Total chances earned for qualifying period = 4 chances
Payment 1: Bill A of amount SGD 240 on Straits Culture Pte Ltd = 10 chances earned
Payment 2: Bill B of amount SGD 25 on NTUC = 1 chance earned
Total chances earned for qualifying period = 11 chances
11. The Promotion Period consists of ONLY ONE (1) period ("Qualifying Period"), by which 1 Winner and 4 backup Winner will be drawn for the period ("Draw").
12. To qualify for each Draw, Eligible Customers have to perform Qualifying Transaction during the Qualifying Period as set out below.
Dates (both dates inclusive)
Dates & Times
15 April 2021 – 15 October 2021
29 October 2021, 10.30am
11 November 2021
16. The Event will be conducted at SC Lobby 1 Enterprise Road, #01-00, Singapore (629813) on The Event date and times stated above, or any time or venue as determined by SC.
13. The Winner will be contacted through phone and short-message-service “SMS”. SC will attempt to make at least two (2) phone calls a day and one (1) SMS for two (2) consecutive working days to contact The Winner, from phone number (+65 6272 5743), to obtain their full personal particulars for verification purposes and to inform them of The Event (as defined in Clause 19) details.
14. In the event that SC is unable to contact The Winner within this period, the Prize will be passed down to the Reserve Winner by ranking order.
15. The Winner at the end of the Promotion Period will attend The Event
16. SC's decision as to The Winner and Reserve Winners of the Promotion shall be final and conclusive.
17. There are ONLY ONE (1) prize for this Promotion.
18. The Winner wins a Mercedes Benz A 180 Hatchback Style, Denim Blue (Interior Black) as his/her prize ("The Prize").
19. The Prize includes (i) the prevailing Goods and Service Tax ("GST"), and excludes motor insurance and add-on options which shall be borne by the Winner.(iii) Additional Registration Fee (ARF) (iii) import duty (iv) Vehicles Emission Scheme surcharge (VES) (v) standard equipment for the Vehicle prevailing at the time of import warranty for 3 years or 100,000km (whichever is earlier) and excludes all other items (including but not limited to road tax, insurance, Certificate or Entitlement (COE), private registration fee & number plate) which shall be borne by The Winner of the Lucky Draw.
20. The Prize is limited to the basic model specification with no colour selection as determined by SC. Upgrade of any items, including but not limited to equipment, accessories and non-standard colours will incur additional charges, payable to Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte Ltd ("Cycle & Carriage") by the Winner.
21. The Prize will only be transferred to the name of the Winner as confirmed by SC. SC and Cycle & Carriage are not obliged to transfer the Prize in the name of any other person.
22. The Winner shall have up to six (6) weeks from the The Event to register and take delivery of the Vehicle (the “Registration Deadline”). Any extension beyond the Registration Deadline shall be at SC’s sole discretion and subject to such other terms & conditions as may stipulate.
23. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash, credit or any other prizes and other items in part or in whole. SC reserves the right to replace or substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value at any time and without prior notice.
24. The Winner shall be responsible to pay the necessary duties, fees, taxes, levies, and other charges as imposed by any relevant authorities in Singapore and/or the Cycle & Carriage.
25. The Winner and/or any other persons who benefit from the Prize accept and enjoy the Prize at their own risk. SC shall not be responsible or liable for any defect or malfunction in the Prize and/or for any loss, injury, damage or harm suffered or incurred or in connection with the receipt, use or enjoyment of the Prize by any person.
26. SC makes no warranties or representations whatsoever as to the quality of fitness for purpose or any other implied terms and conditions with respect to the Prize.
27. SC shall be entitled to use the names, identification numbers and pictures/photographs of any or all Winner and Reserve Winner for print advertisements or other publicity materials; and may otherwise engage The Winner and Reserve Winner for its publicity purposes without any compensation whatsoever and in such manner as SC deems fit. In addition, participation in the Promotion is deemed express consent to disclosure of the participant's personal particulars to any person or entity involved in organising, promoting or conducting the lucky draws for purposes of the Promotion.
28. By participating in this Promotion, participants will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them, any other requirements set out in any related promotional material and all amendments, additions, replacements and modifications as may be made from time to time.
29. Notwithstanding anything herein, SC has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion or receive a prize.
30. SC’S decision on all matters relating to or in connection with the Promotion (including the draw chances awarded to Eligible Customers and the Winner and Reserve Winner) is final and binding on all Eligible Customers. SC shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence on any matter concerning the Promotion, except for the notifications of The Winner and the Reserve Winner.
31. SC shall not be liable to the Eligible Customer for any loss or damage or expenses arising in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, any error in computing any draw chances, any technical hardware or software breakdown or malfunction or defects in any computer/electronic system or equipment, failed, delayed or incorrect transactions, or lost or unavailable network connections, and any notice that is misdirected or lost in post, which may affect any Eligible Customers' eligibility in the Promotion.
32. SC may vary these terms and conditions, or withdraw or discontinue the Promotion at any time without any notice or liability to any party.
33. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
34. This Promotion, and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all participants and winners are subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.
35. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions and notwithstanding any terms herein, the consent of any third party is not required for any variation (including any release or compromise of any liability) or termination of the Promotion.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT